Re: sarge and the Wall Street Journal

Peter Vandenabeele wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 07:18:04PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Peter Vandenabeele wrote:
> > > This needs to be done fast, so that journalists and other interested
> > > parties that want to follow up on this "news" also get our side
> > > of the story. Otherwise we leave them with only the ZDnet side of
> > > the story.
> >
> > Where is the problem?  We cannot correct everything a random news
> > media emits about Debian.  We haven't done that and we probably
> > won't do that.
>
> I agree. I don't suggest to correct what a news site (in casu ZDnet)
> emits.
>
> My only proposal is to urgently bring the information of which version
> is the current "stable" version in line on the different pages under
> http://www.debian.org. At this moment (Friday 12:42 pm in Brussels),
> the home page still mentions 3.1r0 (and not 3.1r0a) as the most recent
> stable release.

Maybe that's because the release is 3.1r0 and not 3.1r0a?

It's only the CD and DVD images that have the 'a' appended to
denote that they're a bit newer and have this one bug fixed
that was announced on debian-devel-announce.  This is not a
new release, it's just fixed images, that were broken for about
one day from when the 3.1 announcement was sent out.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Of course, I didn't mean that, which is why I didn't say it.
What I meant to say, I said.              -- Thomas Bushnell