Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 02:34:14PM +0200, Gerardo Ballabio wrote:

> I was complaining that a screensaver, that is, a program that isn't
> expected to have anything to do with web surfing, could download
> *anything* without asking me. Of course if I willfully enable
> "screensaver that downloads images from the web" I should expect
> exactly that. But not if I ask for "random screensaver".

That is (another) valid complaint.  But what do you expect us to do
about it?  I dislike KDE intensely, and I'd be happy to dump it from
the archive completely, but I suspect others might not agree with this
plan.  :)

You can, in the meantime, disable the KDE screensaver, and use
XScreensaver directly, and then you won't have this problem.  But I
reiterate - what do you expect us to do?  KDE's screensaver is broken
by design!  And we have workarounds (don't use KDE, don't use KDE's
screensaver).  What more do you want from us?  Simply voicing
complaints about the situation does not move us forward.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single