Re: Consultant entries that will be removed unless there is an email address provided

On Monday May 30 2005 12:38 pm, Michael Kallas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> > When I had my consultation business, I published the e-mail
> > address only as a PNG image. I got one spam messagen in a years
> > time. My privete e-mail adressess, which are published in web
> > pages get about 150 spams per day.
>
> Did you ever think about blind people? How were they expected to
> find your email address?

Not only that, but munging is considered harmful.
http://www.interhack.net/pubs/munging-harmful

Greylisting, use of sa-exim and bl.ursine.ca works *FAR* better than
making your address only accessable to spammers by munging.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca