Re: Consultant entries that will be removed unless there is an email address provided

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 11:47:50AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org (va, manoj)> wrote:
> >         Err, perhaps apply some common sense? Does anyone really doubt
> Expense. Why can't consultants send in their email addresses?

When I had my consultation business, I published the e-mail address
only as a PNG image. I got one spam messagen in a years time. My
privete e-mail adressess, which are published in web pages get about
150 spams per day.

If publishing e-mail address on the consultants page is mandatory,
what about publishing it as an image file? I would not want to have my
business e-mail in clear text in a web page which is an obvious target
for spammers collecting addresses.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
tapio.lehtonen@iki.fi