Re: Consultant entries that will be removed unless there is an email address provided

On Fri, 27 May 2005 19:59:30 +0100, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> said:

> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
>> You could ask him yourself.  My concern is whether this is a sane
>> guideline to impose, not to be Joey's keeper.

> I consider the guideline sane and it's been discussed since the
> start of last November at least on -project and -www.  The reason is
> primarily to do some QA on what sort of response online enquries
> get, but also to help keep the database fresh. The need to update
> details has been fairly well publicised, too.

> After all that, you opine it is "rather suboptimal" without offering
> any assistance. My estimation is that you would rather offer stale
> listings to debian users than fix this.

        Err, perhaps apply some common sense? Does anyone really doubt
 that the stable release  manager is missing? Or is no longer involved
 in Debian? Why is there such a stringent requirement for a email
 address anyway? Why can't interested parties pone the consultant
 directly?

        De-listing Joey seems to smack of mindless application of
 bureaucratic power, in the sheer absence of even a modicum of
 thought.

        manoj
--
Tact, n.: The unsaid part of what you're thinking.