Re: Consultant entries that will be removed unless there is an email address provided

On 28-05-2005 07:04, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 20:39:09 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> said:
>>Your reaction sounded to me like you want Debian developers (and
>>especially ones with trusted jobs within our organisation?) treated
>>any different than other consultants. I disagree with that (and hope
>>I misunderstood you).
>         Sounds more like apply common sense and utilize information
>  you may have obtained from any other source, apart from the proper
>  filing of the appropriate bureaucratic forms in triplicate. Or could
>  you really have been under the misapprehension that Joey has fallen
>  off the face of the earth, or is no longer with Debian?

Dear Manoj,

I believe you cut out the part of my email were I explained what I mean.

No, I don't see the current guidelines as related to "bureaucratic forms
in triplicate". Rather, I see it as focusing on consultants interested
in email communication.

Participating in Debian - even doing highly trusted jobs - has shown to
be possible even without such interest.

I am not against relaxing the guidelines, but personally do not see the
current ones as problematic. What I *do* see as problematic is if we
treat Debian developers any different from outsiders on that list.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas

- --

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)