Re: disbursement approvals and email privacy

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 07:28, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > I don't care about the information that were posted because I have
> > nothing to hide.  I undertook all of that travel (and much more) and
>
> Having nothing to hide is a very bad excuse for leaking private stuff
> to the public or third parties whose interest differs.

Yes.

> I don't think that the amount of reimbursed money needs to be put in
> public and that -private would have been a better place instead.

Yes.

> > More generally (and probably more importantly), my complaint was also
> > that I think posting too much information wastes other people's time.
[more critique]

> Ack.

As a notorious list lurker, I always envied those "in the know" who had a
better understanding of Debians innards. There is a delicate balance between
maintaining proper privacy for those involved and the interests of the
project at large.

I fully understand Martins concerns and also feel that it had been better to
post the full list to -private. That notwithstanding, I see the announcement
as a interesting indication of the health of the project. Thus I want to
encourage Branden to further post regular signs of life from the DPL.

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?
- *hust* gut *rotz* *keuch*