Re: snapshot.debian.net

also sprach Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2005.04.25.1115 +0200]:
> I would love to have it as an official service, and even a backup.
> I read that it currently takes one TB of disk space.

We wanted to mirror it here in .ch but then decided against it. It
grows quickly, and mirroring makes no sense, because it's way too
much traffic, and there is a problem with time zones, since s.d.n
indexes by day, among others.

Instead, if you really want to set up a European mirror, buy
a couple of disks in Japan, ask them folks over there to make
a copy, set it up with the same scripts here, rsync it once, and
name it snapshot-eu.debian.net.

`. `'`

"never trust a woman who wears mauve, whatever her age may be, or a
 woman over thirty-five who is fond of pink ribbons. it always means
 they have a history."
                                                        -- oscar wilde