Re: What do you win by moving things to non-free?

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 09:12:27PM +0100, Matthew Woodcraft wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > The fact that there is a need for a rebuttal, in the first place, is
> > already a sign that something is very wrong.
>
> I don't argue with that. But when we explain why the GFDL is bad, we
> shouldn't exaggerate problems, any more than we should try to play them
> down.
[...]
> In that case, the 'rebuttal' can just be a brief note explaining that
> the invariant section was the personal opinion of someone who no longer
> works on the document.

I don't think I'm exaggerating any problems.

Indeed, it is possible to write a short rebuttal without using the
option of an invariant section. However, human nature being what it is,
I expect most of these rebuttals will be more than just a few phrases,
and will be invariant.

Of course I'm not saying that this is what always will happen, but it's
a possibility, and (I dare say) not an unlikely one.

Anyway, this is getting quite off-topic. Please reply off-list, if at
all.
pavement is precisely one bananosecond