Re: I'll be a son of a bitch.

* Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) wrote:
> > 3) Making sure we have a working buildd and debian developer machine
>
> > And 3 is as much a DSA problem as anything.
>
> Yah, the problem with that is that it's not really reasonable to expect DSA
> to be passionate about each and every one of the 11 ports, the same way
> porters with a direct interest would be.  Just as we shouldn't expect
> brainfood to be passionate about every piece of hardware they've agreed to
> host for us.  Unfortunately, these seem to be the people that have been left
> holding the bag.

It doesn't have to be this way though...  For a couple of the mips
buildds, at least, I'm the local admin and as such deal with issues
related to the hardware and perhaps some of the other things (installs,
kernels maybe, etc).  I havn't got much to do w/ the buildds on them
though.  Soliciting debian-alpha for people might help find someone, if
that's necessary (though it sounds like maybe it isn't in this specific
case..).  I'd be willing to consider hosting an alpha box if
necessary, the only reason I hesitate is I havn't got an unlimited
supply of power & bw.

If a hosting company in the Northern Virginia area was willing to donate
some space, power & bw (and not much at that, really) I'd be happy to be
the 'local admin' and deal with caring for however many machines they'd
be willing to host..

	Stephen