Re: I'll be a son of a bitch.

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 7:24 pm, Dave Hornford wrote:
> Then shouldn't its status be updated to indicate its real status rather
> than 'root fs drive died, no response from local admin'
> The accurate story indicates a need for help & hardware, the posted
> status something else.

I don't know if it is possible to catch more sh*t from people for helping them
out. If someone wants Lully I will put it in a box tommorrow and ship it to
them. If someone from the Alpha port actually wants to update the status,
build me an image and ship me a drive then we will happily install it in the
system and bring it back online.

We're providing the machine bandwidth and rackspace at our expense and we're
happy to do it. We don't have time to shoulder the burden of becoming
developers in the Alpha port. Moreover, we don't really have any interest in
doing that. If someone wants Lully on-line then get us a bootable volume, or
really explicit instructions that a full-time busy shop can follow and
reliably get it back on-line.

I didn't post that status nor are we actively monitoring it. Someone from
Alpha needs to get proactive and run the ball if they care about that
machine. Its my responsibility to see it has happy power, space and a
connection. Its a very happy, very well connected, air conditioned and
completely useless machine. If you would like to fix that I'm sure you could
arrange to do something. I'm already doing more than you are with regard to
Lully so why don't you pitch in?

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com