Re: GFDL freedoms

On Thursday 14 April 2005 07.37, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> *We* don't add IPv6 support to standards documents just by changing
> those documents. Instead you go to the standards body, propose a change,
> it gets discussed etc and then ratified if everyone likes it. Then a new
> document is published.

It's not about changing the standard, it's about creating works that
incorporate (parts of) the standard document.  Those derivative works of
the standard document is, obviously, not a new standard document.  It's
still derived from the copyrighted standard document.

-- vbi

--
Every bug you find is the last one.