Re: GFDL freedoms

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:38:24AM -0600, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> On Thursday 14 April 2005 12:58 am, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> > Computer programs are useful tools, even if you can't change them.
>
> So are laws?

Sorry, I don't understand the relevance.  My point (which is not
necessarily something Hamish disagrees with; I wasn't entirely clear
on his position in his last mail) is that being "useful" has never
been sufficient reason for Debian to lower its standards of freedom
to allow packaging things that users aren't allowed to change.

--
Glenn Maynard