Re: GFDL freedoms

Andrew Suffield writes:
> There are much better ways to write the clause than this. The only reason
> it's broken is because the FSF are crap at writing licenses.

They did an excellent job with the GPL, but the GFDL is horrible.  It's not
just that it's non-Free: it's nearly incomprehensible.  I would never
attempt to reuse portions of a GFDL document even if I found the terms
acceptible because I don't think I could be sure I was complying with the
license.
--
John Hasler
Nothing I've written in this thread is private.