Re: GFDL freedoms

Andrew Suffield writes:
> It is always possible to convert a non-free license into a free one by
> sufficient modification; often this can be done by attaching a rider to
> the license. So yes, this probably would be possible.

You miss my point.  Obviously it is possible for authors to ignore the GFDL
and release their works under a Free license, but the fact is that most are
not going to.  They are going to assume that if it came from the FSF it's
Free and use the GFDL without thinking about it.

I'm asking why the GFDL cannot simply waive DMCA rights instead of
awkwardly banning "technical measures".

Is GPL 3.0 going to include a similar clause?
--
John Hasler