Re: Social pressure on mailing lists (Was: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

Sebastian Ley <sebastian.ley@mmweg.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 15. März 2005 22:37 schrieb Matthew Garrett:
>>  However, I /do/ think we need to be more willing to apply
>> social pressure against people whose sole contribution to mailing lists
>> is to disrupt them.
>
> Yeah, ignore them. Works great for me and would be the ultimate solution if
> everyone did. Unfortunatly there are still too much people who happiliy take
> every bait...

Not all anti-social list users usefully respond to being ignored, and
simply ignoring them provides little discouragement to others who are
marginally less offensive.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.project@srcf.ucam.org