Re: http://www.debian.org/consultants/ policy

On Monday 01 November 2004 17.14, Noèl Köthe wrote:
> http://www.debian.org/consultants/

I think one thing that is very difficult but should be defined is: how do we
defend against bogus entries?

With CD vendor entries, we had again and again that people didn't get the
CDs etc., and after a few times vendors where removed.  Now, selling CDs is
a simple thing.

But when somebody comes to the lists and complains about a bad consultant,
what do we tell him?  We can't just delist anybody when somebody launches a
smear campain.  Do we just let entries stand as long as the communication
channel works and the consultant answers a query within a reasonably time?

A propos contact info:

Personally, I think an URL is not mandatory. Email is certainly mandatory,
as it will realistically be the only way Debian can ever verify the
entries.  At least city, better full postal address should be given.

What I miss is a short blurb about the kind of work done (URL or no URL - I
want to see it when I browse the list.)  Some may do generic 'how do I
install my printer' kind of consulting work, while others do the 'set up
and operate a 4000 machines workstation cluster' kind - I can guess from
the rates, where published, but not for certain. (Looking again, I see that
some have 'additional info' pages, but I think this should really be
inline.)

Order of the entries within the countries: either geographically by
state/city/..., or random autogenerated so that the entry at the top
doesn't always stay the same.

cheers
-- vbi

--