Re: http://www.debian.org/consultants/ policy

Am Montag, den 01.11.2004, 16:37 +0000 schrieb MJ Ray:

Hi,

> > after long time I started working on http://www.debian.org/consultants/
> > to get it into a usefull page again. Right now there a alot of entries
> > outdated and there is no sorting in the countries.
>
> Thank you for working on this. I thought they were sorted by date received in the countries?

This is correct but its not described anywhere and not helpfull for the
people which are looking on the page.:)

> > 1. working URL entry
> > 2. reachable E-Mail entry
> > 3. on the webpage should be mentioned that the person/company is doing
> > Debian work
> [...]
> > What do you think?
>
> Please be careful about what you call bounces. It is possible that consultants currently busy are using semi-automatic auto-replies which the enquiry may trigger. If you just mean "User Unknown" and similar, that's fine.

I agree, but if I send a mail to an e-mail address and ask something
then I should get an answer in lets say 4 weeks. This is a list of
consultants which we (Debian) are pointing our users so there should be
a minimum of reaction.

> Please give a warning/grace time before delisting.

Yes. If the mail doesn't bounce back (domain or user unknown or no MX
record) there will be send a mail.

BTW: Please break lines.

--
Noèl Köthe <noel.koethe@credativ.de>