Re: http://forums.debian.net in beta

* Martin Michlmayr (tbm@cyrius.com) [040909 12:56]:
> * Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> [2004-09-09 12:47]:
> > multiple webforums out there for Debian, of varying popularity. AFAICS,
> > the debianHELP one[1] is the most popular, being started about two years
> > forums.debian.net is currently nearly-empty, it is yet to gain momentum.
>
> Well, we could just point forums.debian.net to debianHELP...
>
> > Starting forums.debian.net didn't take much more time than an 'apt-get
> > install phpbb2' takes, I see I failed to properly search for other
>
> It's not about installing the software but getting a community
> established around the forum.  If debianHELP has done that already,
> maybe you should just work with them. (Just giving random "good"
> advice; I don't use forums and don't know how good debianHELP or
> others are.)

i see a problem in the "branding". debianhelp.org is not the
intuitive domain i would look for. i would expect a .debian.org
address to be the "real" place.

cant we point forum.debian.org at debianhelp? it would not need
to be in any way "trusted" as far as security is concerned.
irc.debian.org is not, either.