Re: Debian, lists and discrimination

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 09:55:27PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
The burden of evidence is on you.  I'd like to see your proofs.

How about statements from the people who have decided not to participate
because of the culture?  How many would convince you?

Our culture is our own.  Every entity has a right to it.  When in Rome,
do as the Romans do.  An attempt to turn Rome into Carthage is a hostile
act, and I see it as such.

If our culture is preventing us from doing a good job, tell us.
Otherwise quite whinging.

That isn't evidence of discrimination against women, only evidence that
men and women have differing interests.  I know that ideologically you
are committed to the view that women should have penises, so I don't
expect good logic based on real facts to make any dint in your attempts
to remake Debian in the mould of your ideology du jour.

I'd try and point out the number of fallacies in your paragraph above, but
to be perfectly honest with you, I just couldn't be bothered.  You won't
actually read anything I write except to work out some way to spew another
load of your own ideological bullshit.

Sounds like the facts of hard reality are giving you a headache.  The
headache could go away quite easily; just open your eyes and reexamine
your commitment to hundred year old ideologies.

Jonathan

--
Patriarchy, Polygamy, Slavery <=> Fatherhood, Husbandry, Mastery

Puritan: Purity of faith, Purity of doctrine. Sola Scriptura!
Eukleia: Jonathan Walther
Address: 12706 99 Ave, Surrey, BC V3V2P8 (Canada)
Contact: 604-582-9308 (between 8am and 9pm, PST)
Website: http://reactor-core.org