Re: Debian, lists and discrimination

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 01:16:52PM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 09:55:27PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> >>The burden of evidence is on you.  I'd like to see your proofs.
> >
> >How about statements from the people who have decided not to participate
> >because of the culture?  How many would convince you?
>
> Our culture is our own.  Every entity has a right to it.  When in Rome,
> do as the Romans do.  An attempt to turn Rome into Carthage is a hostile
> act, and I see it as such.

Some might see it as a beneficial act, especially if you stopped electing
horses as senators.

> If our culture is preventing us from doing a good job, tell us.

That's exactly what I'm hoping to get some idea of.  In the meantime,
sniping from the sidelines doesn't make it any easier.

> >>That isn't evidence of discrimination against women, only evidence that
> >>men and women have differing interests.  I know that ideologically you
> >>are committed to the view that women should have penises, so I don't
> >>expect good logic based on real facts to make any dint in your attempts
> >>to remake Debian in the mould of your ideology du jour.
> >
> >I'd try and point out the number of fallacies in your paragraph above, but
> >to be perfectly honest with you, I just couldn't be bothered.  You won't
> >actually read anything I write except to work out some way to spew another
> >load of your own ideological bullshit.
>
> Sounds like the facts of hard reality are giving you a headache.  The

No, your unfounded assumptions are annoying the hell out of me.

> headache could go away quite easily; just open your eyes and reexamine
> your commitment to hundred year old ideologies.

I'll do that if you do the same for yours.

- Matt