Re: Strawpoll on proper usage of @debian.org email address

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 09:46:39AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > We are not talking here about people making excessive use of resources
> > > (which is already covered under the DMUP if memory serves).  For
> > > instance, using a debian.org address as a contact on a domain probably
> > > generates, at most, 30K of traffic *per year*.
> >
> > Umm. You obviously don't get enough email :) I get random spams that are
> > much larger than 30 KB.
>
> Yes, but are they a direct result of using a debian.org address as a
> contact on a domain?

Like I said, they're random, but if they're audacious enough to send me up
to 2 MB of images (yes, I've had it happen -- had I not, I wouldn't believe
someone would ever do that), I don't see why they would somehow show the
courtesy of not spamming addresses used in whois.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.