Re: Google ads on debian.org

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 01:26:19PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Andrew Suffield (asuffield@debian.org) wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 09:33:22PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > > It's a thought anyway.  Those involved with SPI have probably had some
> > > thoughts along these lines before, I imagine.
> >
> > You're thinking about founding a corporation. There are plenty of
> > those already. It is not necessary to hijack Debian's name and trademarks
> > in order to do this.
> >
> > That corporation cannot and will not be the organisation currently
> > referred to as 'Debian'. Nor could it do what Debian does. The absence
> > of control is fundamental to our organisational structure.
>
> SPI already exists, and already owns Debian's trademarks.

It holds them in trust. That is not the same thing.

> I don't believe that there's an absence of
> control and I find it amusing that you seem to think there is.

You're delusional.

Nobody in the project can tell me what to do. That's written into the
constitution.

You have clearly been taken over by aliens. This shameless attempt to
turn Debian into a puppet of the US corporate government will not be
permitted to succeed.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |