Re: FW: Mail forwarding in return for Debian donation

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 10:22:57PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> Being in a position of judging the facts without preconceptions, I can
> point to plenty more that aren't.

The fact that not _everything_ has been submitted yet still doesn't support
your (exaggerated) argument.  That figure will never be 100% because the two
projects have differing goals, but we have submitted a great deal of code
already (both to Debian and further upstream) and will continue to do so.

> Nor are arguments from authority, or a carefully selected sample of
> facts.

An argument from authority is not the same thing as an argument from a
position of more accurate information.  The more that Ubuntu diverges from
Debian, the more work we create for ourselves.  We are motivated to push our
changes upstream wherever possible, and we do so.

All of the facts are in the open in the form of source code, and anyone who
is interested can make their own informed judgement.  I won't argue with you
about it any further.

Cheers,

--
 - mdz