Re: Kill the DPL! (Elections are almost over)

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:15:02AM -0600, ean@brainfood.com wrote:
> The Debian Project Leader should be changed from an elected position to a
> yearly award for the most helpfully active Debianer. At the end of the year
> we will conduct an online vote and give recognition to the one Debianer who
> did the most for the project that year.

I think this is a great idea.

However, we should not punish our most accomplished developer with the
endless tasks the DPL has to undertake (like, keeping flames down,
writing endless emails to outside parties, seeing that the people inside
the project work together nicely, etc.), so that this particularly
valuable developer will be mostly lost for the technical aspects of our
distribution.

Instead, we should give this great developer a post which is really fun
to be in *and* does not involve a lot to do!

Clearly, we should make him SPI president!

The good thing is that there are also a number of other positions
available at SPI for whoever comes out second or third in the survey.

Michael

--
{kamion,joeyh} for SPI president!