Re: Mailing list behaviour was: Candidate questions/musings

    Anand> I, personally, suspect that the unfriendliness of Debian is
    Anand> behind a lot of requests for smaller mailing lists seen by
    Anand> listmaster these days. A lot of people don't bother to use
    Anand> the main mailing lists anymore but instead find it simpler
    Anand> to gather (via IRC or physically), call people up or send
    Anand> private email instead.

>From my standpoint it is actually that debian-vote, debian-devel and
debian-project are just too high traffic for me to follow right now.
I suspect that's common.  I'm still trying to read a bit of
debian-vote from time to time but mostly failing.

As Debian grows we'll have more posts and it will be harder to follow.
That's probably unavoidable.

There will be a core group of people that tries to follow the big
picture, looking at lists like debian-devel and debian-project.  I
wish I had time to be part of that group; I did once and hope to
again.