Re: Section gnustep, was: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/

> On topic: I don't really think a section for this few packages is worth
> it.
I think it is worth because
gnustep *clearly* does not belong in the x11 section.

> Package count (binary, unstable of two days ago, without contrib and
> non-free) is below, and it shows that even the smallest section has nearly
> 300 packages.
Nice try butc can you tell me how you got to that numbers, exactly?
apt-cache search gnome | wc -l gave me 656
and kde gave me 556 (debian gnu/linux, sid today on powerpc)

> Maybe there are better splits to imagine (seperate compilers from devel?
> Client networking stuff from net (as opposed to server networking stuff)?)
I need one for gnustep. I have a few more packages that are not yet in
sid. some other gnustep maintainers do that probably as well. so the
real number is higher than 61. I would estimate about 90.

Gürkan

> shells  	  292
> news 		  327
> embedded 	  383
> electronics 	  515
> oldlibs 	  647
> comm 		  658
> tex 		  700
> hamradio 	  734
> otherosfs 	  845
> base 		  890
> science 	  921
> doc 		 1037
> kde 		 1155
> editors 	 1314
> math 		 1429
> misc 		 2049
> mail 		 2233
> perl 		 2482
> gnome 		 2606
> graphics 	 2765
> text 		 2914
> interpreters 	 3081
> web 		 3233
> python 		 3252
> sound 		 3280
> admin 		 3765
> games 		 4724
> x11 		 5217
> utils 		 5333
> devel 		 7002
> net 		 8941
> libdevel 	11895
> libs 		13390
Those numbers have to be bogus.
that sums up to 100009
However Debian does not have 100009 packages.

--
apt-get moo #how many cows do you see?