Re: Just a single Question for the Candidates

Ben Burton <bab@debian.org> writes:

> 1) That debian contains bullying or aggressive elements.  She is *not*
> inventing this, she did *not* come into the discussion with this as a
> stereotype that she's trying to fit debian into.  It's quite clearly
> observable.

This part I agree about.

> 2) That women in general are less suited to such environments than men.

It does not matter if this is true.

There are some men who are very badly suited for such environments,
and there are some women who are very well suited.  We should change
the environment because it is bad, not because "it's bad to women".
It is perhaps bad to some women, or the average woman, but it is not
bad to all women.  And it is bad to plenty of men.

It should be changed--completely granted--but the berating of men has
to stop *too*, not just the berating of women.  The *general* treating
of people with disdain needs to go, not just one case of it.

Thomas