Re: EWL HOWTO unsuitable counterarguments, was: Just a single Question for the Candidates

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 03:07:42PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >> Such a wash of illogic from someone normally ground in logic smacks
> >> of denial. [...]
> > Play fair! [...]
>  Can't you read? [...] Listen to them, unless, of
>  course, you want to exercise the ostrich defence.
>  Just the same old empty frothing at the mouth. [...]

Debian: Illogical, unfair, illiterate, in denial, and frothing at the mouth!

...and all that's just when we're trying to work out how to be more
approachable.

Again, I dunno about sexism, but we've got hostility coming out of our
ears.  Whether the explanation's "that we're mostly men, and cultural
factors will incline us to this behaviour" or not, the question remains
whether we think this is a problem and whether we, as a project, are
willing to place higher expectations on ourselves, as members, of civil,
pleasant, and inoffensive communication throughout the project?

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004