Re: Re-distributing Debian

Robin Imrie dijo [Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 04:15:20PM -0000]:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> We are about to start developing some software which will run on Linux. The
> product which we sell to our customers will include the hardware, os (Linux)
> and our software all pre-installed and ready to go. Any support would be
> handled by us. If we were to install the parts of Debian Linux that we
> required for our product what would the licensing issues be if any. i.e.
> would we have to by a copy of Debian Linux for each unit we ship?

Hello,

At Debian, we work to create a completeley free distribution. You
might want to take a look at our Social Contract and Free Software
Guidelines [1]. Basically, if you use Debian, you are free to create a
custom subdistribution, you are not even required to credit us for
that. You will find many useful links in our Wiki page on 'Custom
Debian distributions'.

Greetings,

[1] http://www.debian.org/social_contract.html

[2] http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?CustomDebian