Re: intention to use logo...

Hi Derek,

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 21:22:34 -0500, Derek McWilliams wrote:
> My question for you- are there restrictions in place (Trademarks or
> otherwise) that discourage the use of the Debian logo?

Information about the Debian logos (there are two: the Open Use logo (just
the swirl) and an Official Use logo (swirl + bottle)) can be found at
	http://www.debian.org/logos/
Only the Open Use logo is suitable for use in commercial merchandise.

"Debian" is a registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
(http://www.spi-inc.org/trademarks); the trademark is managed by the Debian
project itself.

http://www.debian.org/misc/merchandise lists several vendors currently
supplying Debian merchandise.

> I want to be certain that I do not use your company's logo without
> authorization.

The Debian project is a volunteer organisation, not a company. See
http://www.debian.org/intro/about and
http://www.debian.org/intro/organization for details.

HTH,
Ray
--
Brought to you by Microsoft .NOT technology: just say No.