Re: unauthorized upload of xfree86 4.3.0-1 to unstable

Hi,

Am Do, den 29.01.2004 schrieb Andrew Suffield um 13:01:
> > That's a different matter whatsoever. We are talking about package
> > maintenance here, which is what being in Debian is all about. Violating
> > the DMUP is something completely different than doing something WRT
> > package management which is not in the Developers Reference.
>
> None of which is relevant. The argument advanced was "trust to upload
> packages (be a developer) is not affected by trust in other
> matters". Historically, trust in general *has* been a significant
> factor.

I think you got me wrong (quite possible, considering my language). In
fact, that is what I wanted to say: he should rely on trust, and not
install fixed rules or technical measures to prevent things like that.

nomeata
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  JID: joachimbreitner@amessage.de | http://people.debian.org/~nomeata