Re: unauthorized upload of xfree86 4.3.0-1 to unstable

Hello,

I have not yet made my mind up on this, but one thing is clear to me:

Am Mi, den 28.01.2004 schrieb Branden Robinson um 19:04:
> whether any sort of sanction should
> take place as a result of these actions, and what standards of procedure
> and courtesy we should have in team-maintained packages.

In my opinion, and especially as this kind of thing has happened for the
first time, there should be no sanction to dstone. If he has lost the
XSF's trust, then thats their internal thing to decide - debian as a
whole should not. (Not more than his may-be lowered reputation within
debian - thats up to every single DD).

Also, I don't think that we need to make our rules as who can upload
what stricter or even install technical measures, nor should we set
rules on how team maintenance has to work. We need to trust every
developer that far and we have unstable as a buffer, so these rare
problems don't hit most of our users. On the other hand, it might be
useful to develop some "group maintenance template guidelines", which
every team can derive their guideline from, but don't have to.

Basically I want to say that we should continue to build on trust and
meritocracy and not on rules and technical measuers.

nomeata
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  JID: joachimbreitner@amessage.de | http://people.debian.org/~nomeata