Re: unauthorized upload of xfree86 4.3.0-1 to unstable

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 08:59:51PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Am Mi, den 28.01.2004 schrieb Branden Robinson um 19:04:
> > whether any sort of sanction should
> > take place as a result of these actions, and what standards of procedure
> > and courtesy we should have in team-maintained packages.
>
> In my opinion, and especially as this kind of thing has happened for the
> first time, there should be no sanction to dstone. If he has lost the
> XSF's trust, then thats their internal thing to decide - debian as a
> whole should not. (Not more than his may-be lowered reputation within
> debian - thats up to every single DD).

This is not and has not been our policy in the past. Consult the
debian-private archives from 2000, starting in April, at the thread
subject "Suspension" (continuing for several months in several
threads). In particular the mails from Jason Gunthorpe and James Troup
are points of interest (most of the rest was arguing about them).

Every side of the argument was aired and yours lost. Note also that
your opinion doesn't count.

[And that stuff *remains* private, so don't discuss it here]

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |