Re: Debian Weekly News - August 19th, 2003

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 04:47:29PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> It is my hope that those people can be LARTed into submission on -legal,
> as there is no evidence to support their "silent majority" hypotheses.

Tactically, I think it's better to actually convince these people than
to LART them into submission :)  It's tiresome and (for us) repetitive,
but it'll be worthwhile.  The arguments that brought you and Thomas
Bushnell from opposing sides to the same side ought to be strong enough
to convince *anyone*.  Lately, the problem in the discussion seems to
be one of nailing down what the actual area of disagreement is.

> (In fact, I suspect that all "silent majority" claims are unfalsifiable
> by definition.)

Not if you can corner a piece of that majority, poll it, and extrapolate
the poll results.

Richard Braakman