Re: Debian Weekly News - August 19th, 2003

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 02:33:57PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Being aware that discussions had been held regarding the GFDL's
> DFSG-freeness for a long time, one thought that occured to me was: is this
> even the right approach?
>
> Towards that end, a couple of things occured to me: 1) documentation is not
> actually software, and 2) if we assume that every bit of data in Debian is
> Software, then we are distributing non-free software all over the place
> (especially wrt license statements).

I'm not going to respond to this message except to point you to this:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2001/debian-legal-200112/msg00250.html

PLEASE NOTE: I no longer stand by my assertions in points 2) and 3) of
the "impact statement", but I continue to stand by the "PROPOSAL" as
such.

If you'll rebut that message, I'll rebut yours.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      It doesn't matter what you are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      doing, emacs is always overkill.