Re: Mozilla packages

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 04:38:32PM +1000, Adam Karkowski wrote:
> I was wondering why the mozilla testing and stable packages are the
> same. More specifically, why testing is so old. Version 1.0.0 seems a
> little ancient.

At the moment, upgrading the version of mozilla in testing is waiting
until the following release-critical bugs are fixed or downgraded:

  http://bugs.debian.org/203100
  http://bugs.debian.org/203962

For more information about how packages are selected for inclusion in
testing, see http://www.debian.org/devel/testing.

> Testing used to have 1.3 floating around in it. I understand if it
> turned out to be buggy but couldn't you have gone back to 1.2 or at
> least 1.1?

Um, I think you're mistaken here. Packages don't get downgraded in
testing. I don't believe testing has ever had mozilla 1.3.

Cheers,