A Debian Who is Who

Hello,

I'm using debian not for a long time (compared to others) now, but I
caught the flame and I became what you could call debian believer and on
my way to become a Debian Developer. But not beeing one already should
not stop me from trying to help.

The thing is: The debian structure is not very transparent. Although I
read debian-devel and some other mailling lists and eagerly read reports
on debianplanet.org, the way debian really works is quite hidden. I read
something about a Debian Project Leader and I from random posts on
debian-devel I also found out that currently Branden is in this
position, but I don't know much about him. I only new his name from the
X Strike Force. He is running for DPL again, with three other
competetors, but neither do I know them nor do I know how they have been
chosen. I also heard something about a mysterious group called the
"FTP-Masters" and the "list-master" and so on. Of course I could dive
into mailinglists and docs deep in the debian.org menu structure, but
that is not really a good option. You see the problem?

That's why I'd like to see a Debian Who is Who somewhere, where the main
people their positions are presented, maybe with a picture and personal
backgroud (with permission of the person of course). This would make
debian appear less like the wobbling masses of anonymous developers on
debian-devel and more like what and how it really looks like.

In my opinion, the perfect person to do this would be a Debian Member of
old that might have stepped out of the daily work already and therefor
got some distance from daily issues and gained a good overview. I don't
think it would be very time intensive, and I'd be willing to do the
formatting work, but if should be done by someone with authority, and
could be put somewhere near "About Debian" on debian.org

What do you think?

Joachim

PS: I thought this is the best list, since d-devel is about technical
stuff (in theory). Correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Joachim Breitner
  e-Mail: mail@joachim-breitner.de | Homepage: http://www.joachim-breitner.de