Re: general intrest

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 11:21, Yokomoto8@aol.com wrote:
> I am interested in replacing a very frustrating Windows ME system.
> All the info I find states that Linux can do any thing and even more
> than MS.
> My most major concern is, will it work with current files I already
> have accumulated?
> Such as music,pictures,photos, word documents i have created, other
> programs i have purchased, such as Click Art,Create a Card,etc...
> None of these purchased products have any load options for any thing
> other than Windows
> or Mac,how will these items load into Linux?
> Another concern, is it compatible with America On Line? or other IP's?
> I am very interested in Linux, but need assurance that my computer
> won't have an identity crisis with out Windows.

The best suggestion I can make is to look for a book by Marcel Gagne,
"Moving to Linux: Kiss the Blue Screen of Death Goodbye!".  I haven't
read it myself, but people I trust think it's the best single reference
for people like yourself who are looking into moving to linux, but need
basic info about linux and possible replacement programs.  Gagne also
runs a mailing list, you can look into it here: