[bart@jukie.net: Usenet usage in DMUP]

I originally posted this on <debian-www@l.d.o> but was asked to resubmit
here.

----- Forwarded message from Bart Trojanowski <bart@jukie.net> -----

From: Bart Trojanowski <bart@jukie.net>
Subject: Usenet usage in DMUP
To: debian-www@lists.debian.org

While studying up for a new maintainer's test I came across DMUP...

http://www.debian.org/devel/dmup

In Section 4 there is a section stating:

"
Debian does not have any Usenet news servers. It may be that some of the
Debian machines have access to such a news server, but their use through
Debian machines is strictly forbidden.
"

This conveys that Usenet is off limits from Debian hosts.

Later in 'Examples of what we consider net abuse' it states:

"
Binary Postings to non-Binary Groups
<snip>
Excessive Cross-Posting
<snip>
Excessive Multi-Posting
<snip>
"

But if Usenet posts are not allowed then why is this even stated?

Maybe the wording of the later section should state that such posts
should not be attributed with a @debian.org address.

Cheers,
Bart.