Re: Why "free" shouldn't have to mean "complicated"

On Mon, 5 May 2003 02:17:57 +0200, Felix Steiner
<felix_steiner@bluewin.ch> said:

> But in my opinion free software fails if it is only for geeks.

	That is a matter of opinion. People who actually work on free
 software may not feel that way, and, since that is where the work is
 done, their viewpoint is the only one that has an affect on where
 free software is heading.

> Why not try to coordinate development to make an easier installer?

	What do you think the debian installer folks are doing?

> Why not bring to people what you are working for so hard?

	Why should I, if it takes time away from making it better for
 my target audience? (before you ask, my target audience is people
 like me, or, more frankly, me).

> I'm sure that there are people that would like to make things
> simpler. I hope they will do so.

	Well, if that is what they want to do.

	manoj
--
How's it going in those MODULAR LOVE UNITS??