Re: LSB Compliance

Asad Quraishi (2003-04-25 11:47:23 -0400) :

> I have seen in your past press releases that you were involved in
> LSB compliance.  Why is your distro not LSB compliant?  Maybe I've
> missed something but I did check to see which vendors were compliant
> and you do not seem to be there.

As far as I know, we *are* compliant.  If you install a few lsb-*
packages on your Debian system, then you get an LSB-compliant system.

  You probably mix two concepts: the one of being compliant, and the
one of being certified.  I believe the certification process is long
and involves lots of money and administrative tasks.  We, the Debian
project, as a volunteer one, have not (yet?) gone for the
certification process.  But I'm sure we'd welcome any offer for help
on that path.

Roland Mas

Seems to me, the only sensible thing is for people to know if they kill a whale,
they've got a dead whale.  -- Adam, in Good Omens (T. Pratchett and N. Gaiman)