Re: Why are these packages in Debian?

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 11:01:45PM +0200, nikos@altern.org wrote:
> I don't understand why the packages anarchism, bible-kjv and
> bible-kjv-text (in section doc) are Debian packages. They are no
> technical documentation, they don't correspond (in my eyes) to open
> source's philosophy, they can be easily found on the WWW...

I don't know about anarchism (never looked at it), but from my
point of view, bible-kjv-text is in there because it's useful
reference material.  I would support packaging, e.g., the
collected works of Shakespeare for the same reason.  bible-kjv
is a program for searching through bible-kjv-text, it's there for
the same reasons that any other free software program is.

(By the way, please wrap your lines at about 70 characters, and use
a mailer that preserves threading information.  Your mails are painful
to read and reply to.)

Richard Braakman