Re: debian advocacy suggestions, anyone?

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 02:07:42PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> May I ask that you use the term GNU/Linux instead of linux?  Yes,
> that's nitpicky, but we're at Debian here.

i will, but please excuse me not to spell out everything in mails.
thinking of it especially the recursive acronymes might prove difficult
;)

> When you start designing and developing the flyers, please use Free
> Software and not some proprietary tool that you may be able to get
> ahold of.  In summer 2002 several German developers spent some time on
> designing a Debian flyer with Free Software (i.e. LaTeX) and separated
> content and design, so this flyer is already translated into several
> languages.

i will, actually i used a latex style from another linux ad and modified
it. looks relly cool.

> You should be able to use it as basis, even if you should decide to
> use a completely different layout.  If you need help with it, you may
> want to contact the people who worked on the current flyer.

hmm, the idea is neat but the current flyer(s) are far away from
seperating the content from the layout. they are, however, very
translation-friendly wich i will try to achieve as well.

> This sounds like you should be able to reuse most if not all of the
> current flyer and should mostly add a Vietnamese translation to it.
> http://www.debian.org/events/materials/flyers/general/

thats because we of course had a look at the current flyer.
unfortunately we target a bit of a different audience, so we can't just
reuse the current flyer. but then again, it can't hurt to have different
flyers.

cu  robert