Re: Is work on Debian community service?

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 12:24:01AM -0400, Duncan Findlay wrote:
> Do you think work for the Debian project should be considered
> Community Service? How about work only indirectly for Debian (i.e.
> work on upstream projects)? How about work on other free software
> projects?

It's serving a community (your community even) and in my book,
certainly community service. Check to see if your school has a more
specific definition (ex. Martin's "not fun" clause) but if you just
need someone to sign off on it, there are certainly developers (myself
included) that would be willing to work with you to get this done.

--
B. Mako Hill
mako@debian.org