Re: Is Debian going to support Sincere Choice?

Em Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:33:35 -0400, Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> escreveu:

> Sounds to me like they are against, for example, a law that forces
> government agencies to use only Open Source software. They would also be
> against laws that force non-govt agencies to use one form of software or
> another.

hmmm... no, I don't think so... I think 'government agencies' are part of
'government', so they'll be part of the "body" that has chosen the
policy.

> IOW, they are pro-competition. Allowing software to be chosen on its
> merits and not because it is proprietary or non-proprietary.

Yes, that seems to be their goal.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>