Re: Is Debian going to support Sincere Choice?

Em Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:46:57 +0300, Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> escreveu:

> You mean the Social Contract's last paragraph?  I don't think it's

Yes, sorry

> In addition, our non-free section is still much more free than
> the "proprietary software" referred to here.  We're not distributing
> anything with a Microsoft EULA on it.

Yes, you're right

>    Freedom to Set Policy
[...]

> their policies" is deprecated here?  If I say, "I will only work for
> organizations that endorse free software", would I be in conflict with
> this article?

You are an individual, you have the freedom to set your own policy
'only work with free software'... what you cannot do is enforce this
on the company... you may get out of that company because it doesn't
fit your policy, but you cannot user unfair play moves to make it
adopt your policy.

That's how I understand it.

[]s!

--