Re: Debian registered as TM in Spain

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 10:13:58PM +0200,  wrote:
> Hi
>
> Don't know if Debian people already know about this:
> http://www.symlink.ch/article.pl?sid=02/09/03/1147242&mode=nested
> (german)
> http://www.marcanet.com/Acceso_Gratuito/CPRespMN.ASP?Num=1&L1=1&N=1&C1=42&Nmb=debian&Tp=Es&Sob=Marca
> (spanish)
> http://barrapunto.com/article.pl?sid=02/09/02/1020219&mode=nocomment
> (spanish)

  A lawyer currently working in the Spanish translation team has just
 answered[1] telling us that with the Spanish laws, the previous use of a
 mark and the acceptation by the people who use it, invalidates the
 trademark. We only have to initiate a process to opposite to it.

  Related to this, perhaps we should try to fill a trademark
 registration valid in the most countries. At least I know that you can
 fill a patent in Europe valid in (at least) the UE countries. And
 perhaps we should try even to register it in more countries. IMHO, SPI
 should look into this.

   Cheers,

[1]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-spanish/2002/debian-l10n-spanish-200209/msg00022.html