Re: irc.debian.org

On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 07:02:08AM -0500, Rob Levin wrote:

> There are two issues.  The first issue whether it's appropriate for a
> non-profit to ask for modest funds to run its projects.  We've worked to
> ensure that our fundraising has minimum impact on the network, and we've

This "minimum impact" has included:

 * Global notices asking for personal donations to pay for your car
 * Making #openprojects moderated so that only "approved" people can
   speak, effectively squelching both dissent and a way for you to hear
   what people think.
 * Banning, de-linking, or removing people and/or channels whose
   members even ASK whether you are doing the right thing.

In my mind, this is not minimum impact.  More of a hailstorm.

> the Debian project, not our decision, to make.

Then why not just let us make it rather than continuing to stretch the truth
and try to prevent us from leaving?  Perhaps the loss of Debian would hurt
your much-lauded usage statistics to the point where it is no longer
justifiable to have such a high budget?