Re: Wordperfect

Hi ..

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 06:09:14PM -0400, Lauren and Sandra wrote:
>Perhaps this is not an appropriate question, but I would really like to know
>whether Wordperfect 9 (Wordperfect Office 2000 Deluxe for Linux) has been
>found to rest gracefully on Debian.  Have people been able to use it
>reliably?  I don't seem to be able to find the answer to that question.  I've
>had not good success with Mandrake and Red Hat, and I have been encouraged by
>the comments I've read about the advantage of the Deb packaging vs RPM
>packaging.

I think, that noone will work on WordPerfect for debian. This is not a
free software and a large peace of software, too.

>I realize that Corel Linux was built on Debian, but I'm thinking that perhaps
>the concept of not-free software like Wordperfect is in conflict with the
>Debian philosophy and so there would be no effort to resolve problems of
>incompatibility.  I also realize that might not even be an valid thought.

For debian there is a non-free section, but this is not a part of
debian. If you need a Office-Suite, try OpenOffice.org
(www.openoffice.org). There are debian-packages available, more
information about that can be found here:

	www.linux-debian.de/openoffice

Try this out ;)

This will come into debian in the future! :)

	Regards
		Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..